Dibba run categories
2019/2020 sporting season the Wadi Bih Run
Lake 15 - CIRCLE THE LAKE
Solo race starting from the Dibba Beach Resort, running parallel to the beach past palm plantations, passing through an Omani Village, towards the , Village Of Bidi, before crossing the Wadi Bed to experience the beautiful mountains running around the turquoise colored lake before turning and taking in the Dibba Dam lake view.
Zighy 30 - RUN THE ZIGGY ZIG-ZAGS
Solo race giving a unique racing experience, testing your endurance on asphalt and gravel roads into the ever-converging Wadi and then a steep climb on a zig-zag road to the Six Senses Resort in Ziggy Bay. A great challenge and opportunity to experience the beautiful secluded and rarely visited Ziggy Bay.
Canyon 50 - EXPERIENCE GEOLOGICAL HISTORY
Solo 50 kms race testing your core strength, stability through the canyon carved out of the rocky escarpment. Savour the experience of passing through Wadi Khabb Shamsi, formed by flash floods over thousands of years of geological evolution.
Mountain 72 - BE THE KING OF KHABB SHAMSI WADI
Experience the diverse geography of the Wild Musandam Hajar Mountains from the picturesque azure Blue Gulf Of Oman, passing through the rugged coastal mountains to the Village Of Bidi and a Hidden Valley with a kaleidoscope of green and purple geological strata before ascending the converging walls of a Canyon to the narrows via the washed out Wadi Bed, before turning and descending to climb the Steep Zig Zag Road to Ziggy Bay and the Six Senses Resort.
Team 60 - The Classic Wadi Bih Run - Since 1993
5 team members take turns running each leg of the race departing from the beach on asphalt roads to gravel tracks with some single track on the mountain and in the wadi around a beautiful lake at the Dibba Dam. A Great Bonding and Team-Building Event.
All the solo events will be a mass start with a short briefing of 15 minutes before the commencement of the run.
Mountain 72 run will start at 4:30AM
Canyon 50 at 5:00AM
Zighy 30 at 5:30AM
- It is advised that each participant brings warm and windproof clothing, including a scarf as it can get cold in the early hours, and a mask to cover the nose and mouth as it gets very dusty in the wadi.
- The Organizing Team will provide water, energy drinks & food at check points. Otherwise, you need to be self-sufficient with all your clothing, first aid kits, head torch and most importantly, your food and energy drinks.
- Participants can provide bags with any clothing and provisions required, to be taken to the specific check points. The bags will be transported back to the start point but only at the end of the run, approx. 4:00 PM.
- The Supersports marshals at check points are medically trained and have first aid kits. If a participant is injured or drops out of the run, the marshals at check points will transport him/her back to the start but only at the end of the run, approx. 4:00 PM. Alternatively, he/she may be able to get a lift back in a team vehicle.
- The Organizing Team strongly recommend that participants pool resources with other solo supporters if they have a support crew and car so as to reduce congestion in the wadi and improve safety. This can be arranged via our Facebook page in advance, or on the Thursday evening before the race.