(Date to be confirmed soon)
Instructions for solos
Save your time
All solos depart via a mass start at:
- Mountain 72 – 4.30am
- Canyou 50 – 5am
- Zighy 30 – 5.30am
with a short briefing 15 minutes prior to the start.
The organization will provide support at each of the checkpoints comprising of hydration, nutrition, and run marshals.
- Between the checkpoints each runner must be self-sufficient and have appropriate footwear, clothing, sunglasses/son hat, sun cream…
- Every solo runner shall carry a mobile phone for emergency use if required. Solo runners can provide a drop bag, clearly marked with their race number and the checkpoint number, required for the drop. Please note that the drop bags will only be transported back to the event site at the end of the run.
- No valuables such as wallet, phone and the like are allowed in the bag drops. The Organizing Team will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred because of, or in connection with, your failure to follow these instructions.
- The Super Sports marshals will be present at some of the checkpoints and are medically trained and have first aid kits. If a participant is injured or drops out of the run, the marshals present at the nearest check point will transport him/her back to the start but only at the end of the run, approx. 4-5 pm. Alternatively, he/she may be able to get a lift back in a team vehicle.
- The Organizing Team strongly recommend that participants pool resources with other solo supporters if they have a support crew and car to reduce congestion in the wadi and improve safety. This can be arranged via our Facebook page in advance, or at the event site before the race.
(Date to be confirmed soon)
Instructions for teams
- In each relay team, there should be 5 runners with at least one female runner.
- Teams of all male runners are permitted but they will not be eligible for prizes. For school or family teams 2 adults to be present in each team.
- Only 4 x 4 vehicles permitted.
- The route is marked by numbered CP stage markers and while a runner is doing 1 stage, the teams own support vehicle will transport the other team members along the route.
- Each runner must complete at least two stages.
- Runners are only to change the team bib belt at designated check points, swapping of runners in the middle of stages is not allowed.
- After registration, teams will be started when they are ready by a marshal between 6.00 am and 8.00 am. First come first set off.
- Support cars are not to follow runners at runners’ pace. Once the team bib belt is handed over the support car should proceed to the next check point.
- It is essential that each team limits themselves to one vehicle to avoid congestion problems. Excess vehicles can be left parked at the start point.
- Drivers are to keep speed to a minimum and always avoid raising dust while driving.
- Running in dust is not fun! and reduces visibility and we want you to avoid accidents with other runners or cars.
- Teams not following this rule will not be given an official time in the event or be eligible for prizes.